Gifted and Talented Program
We offer a range of enrichment and extension learning opportunities to meet the needs of gifted and talented students. We wish to see all of our students become successful learners, confident and creative individuals and active and informed citizens.
STRETCH (STudents Requiring Extension Through CHallenge) is an innovative and exciting program that stimulates, extends, enriches and engages young people with high intellectual ability and potential. Unique to Cornerstone College, the program is offered to selected students in Year 7/8 STRETCH and Year 9/10 STRETCH.
Students may be extended by:
- in-class differentiation by the class teacher with assistance from Adaptive Education staff
- participation in the ‘STRETCH’ Program using an online classroom – collaborating with peers and undertaking extension modules of work
- invitation to participate in co-curricular programs, e.g. Tournament of Minds
- special programs run by the ‘STRETCH’ Coordinator
- personalised extension projects to meet each student’s needs
- accessing various external programs as they arise, e.g. university invitations to special programs, gifted and talented programs, subject specific clubs, etc.
- acceleration, e.g. participation in Extension Mathematics classes in student study time
- engaging with a mentor in a specific area of interest.
Click here to view the STRETCH brochure.