2018 Food, Fun and Festivities
The Food & Fun Fest Twilight Market on Friday, 2 November was an action packed night of community celebration.
This year the evening included new amusements such as aerial bungee and laughing clowns as well as a dedicated games arcade in the quadrangle. Our music faculty provided a full program with non-stop entertainment featuring 10 different ensembles. Our buskers near the food court provided sublime entertainment as guests enjoyed food prepared by the PT&F. The Silent Auction kept punters bidding happily for Christmas bargains well into the evening.
Thank you for your amazing community support this year. With your help the PT&F have exceeded our target for fundraising in 2018, which has enabled us to contribute approximately $60,000 over two years to the Anakalypsi (Library) redevelopment.
There are many people to thank for the success of the Food & Fun Fest Twilight Market, including (but of course not limited to):
- MC’s Hannah Rodert and Abbey Sweet
- Our very generous Silent Auction donors
- The Parents, Teachers & Friends’ committee and many volunteers who’ve made this event possible: Colleen Bradfield – President, Celia Fielke – Vice President, Tony Brookes, Jo Hayhurst, Greg Hall, Susie Kleeman, Rachel Knappstein, Kathy Leake, Pauline Mead, Meg Turnbull, Dawid Verwey
- Music Faculty
- House Groups: Aroona, Battunga, Moorak and Naturi
- Evie Mitchell
- Cornerstone Maintenance Team
- Cornerstone Communications & Engagement Team
11th Annual Cornerstone Golf Classic (2018)
The 11th Annual Cornerstone Golf Classic was held in perfect conditions on Friday 12 October at the Aston Hills Golf Club. Approximately 100 guests joined us for a sit down lunch and intimate audience with guest presenter Les Burdett, former curator of the Adelaide Oval and international sporting consultant. Les captivated the audience with his tales of collapsed lighting towers, international cricketing scandals, managing complex political and ethical issues and even shared his deeply personal experience with prostate cancer.
Following lunch, guests filled the green for the ambrose competition which included some serious and not so serious challenges!
We also thank Les Burdett, Open Book Howden, Lighthouse Books, The Uniform Shop, Kloses Supermarkets, MSP Photography, The Great Eastern Hotel, Rebekha Sharkie, Member for Mayo, EFM, Dr Doug Stewart, Adelaide Direct Stationers, Howard Wines, the Aston Hills Golf Club and the Cornerstone Maintenance and Communications & Engagement Teams for their support and organisation of the day.
- Best score of the Day: Southern Cross Cleaning
- 2nd Best Score of the Day: Pizza Hut
- 3rd Best Score of the Day: Fuji Xerox
We look forward to welcoming teams to the 12th Annual Cornerstone Classic on 11 October 2019!