At Cornerstone College we recognise the measure of academic success is as much about continual improvement and achieving personal goals, as the grade received.
Below we celebrate and acknowledge those students who have received outstanding academic results which reflect their hard work and discipline.
Our hope is that all our students will be learners for life.
Year 12 Results, 2016
Congratulations go to all our Year 12s of 2016 on their great results. Of the students planning to complete SACE in 2016, 99.34% were successful. Special congratulations to Leigh Stark as Dux of the Year 12, 2016 with an ATAR of 99.6 out of a possible 99.95 and he received Merit Awards in Research Project, Visual Arts – Art and Outdoor Education.
2016 Year 12 Highlights
- Leigh Stark – Research Project and Visual Arts – Art & Outdoor Education
- Hamish Fielke – Research Project and Biology
- Tameika Irvine-Creaser – Research Project
- Katie Moularadellis – Research Project
- Jasmine Rees – Research Project
- Isabel Richards – Research Project
Top ATAR results
- Leigh Stark – 99.6
- Hamish Fielke – 99.5
- Bianca Venner – 99.45
- Isabel Richards – 98.25
- Sam Staska – 96.2
Summary of results
- 18% of grades were As
- 71% of grades were As and Bs
- 46 students completed vocational certificate qualifications as part of their SACE
- 96 students applied for university studies with 80% of those receiving their first or second preference
- A wide variety of university courses were offered to the 2016 cohort:
- Health Science
- Pharmaceutical Science
- International Studies
- Applied GIS
- Medical Science
- Creative Arts
Student Outcomes in National Literacy & Numeracy (NAPLAN) Testing
In May 2016, the National Assessment Program for Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) tests were completed by students in Years 3, 5, 7 & 9. This is an annual Federal Government requirement. Students at Cornerstone in Year 7 and Year 9 completed five assessments, in the areas of Numeracy, Reading, Writing, Spelling and Language Conventions.
The table shows the mean NAPLAN results in Year 7 in 2016 compared to SA and Australian mean scores.
|Reading||Persuasive Writing||Spelling||Grammar and Punctuation||Numeracy|
The table shows the mean NAPLAN results in Year 9 at Cornerstone in 2016 compared to SA and Australian mean scores.
|Year 9||Reading||Persuasive Writing||Spelling||Grammar and Punctuation||Numeracy|