The Mount Barker region is poised for growth, and so too is Cornerstone College!
The 30-Year Plan for Greater Adelaide, launched by the South Australian Government in 2010, guides the long-term growth of the city and its surrounds to 2040.
In 2017, The Economist ranked Adelaide as the world’s fifth most liveable city, for the sixth consecutive year. The city offers a gateway to internationally acclaimed food and wine producers, many of which are based in the ever-expanding Adelaide Hills.
This is good news for families enrolled at or involved with Cornerstone College.
We have earnt our reputation as the leading school and influencer of education in the Adelaide Hills through our commitment to remaining a caring Christian community, nurturing within students a growing relationship with Christ, which promotes individual excellence, learning and responsibility for life.
We are proud of our enviable academic results and a partnership with leading Adelaide Hills Primary and Christian Schools including St Mark’s Mount Barker, St Michael’s Hahndorf and Lobethal Lutheran School.
During 2018 we worked with our community to review and update our strategic intentions into the next 5 years. Our underpinning strategic goals for this period aim to:
- Empower innovative teaching and contemporary learning
- Enhance and celebrate challenge and achievement in student learning
- Champion best practice in professional learning
- Shape and build a contemporary Christian spirituality for the community
- Nurture and foster the wellbeing of individuals and the wider College community
- Value and forge strong partnerships with our community
- Deliver sustainable and robust governance
We know that to remain as the leader in Middle and Senior School education in the Heart of the Adelaide Hills, we need to continually review the best ways to provide exemplary education.
This is achieved by consulting, listening, challenging and encouraging new ideas and innovations.
We look forward to sharing Future Directions – To 2020 and Beyond with our community in 2019.