Campus & Facilities
The magnificent grounds at Cornerstone enhance and complement the excellent facilities the College offers. We are proud of the physical environment offered at the College, allowing students to learn, grow and play in a stimulating and inspiring environment.
The College offers a myriad of excellent facilities including:
- interactive whiteboards in every classroom
- laptop computers for every student – a one to one notebook program
- a performing arts theatre with tiered seating for 208 people, a cyclorama, stage curtains and a control box with state-of-the-art lighting and audio equipment
- large music tuition space and six soundproof practice rooms catering for individual tuition
- dance studio equipped with mirrors, dance beam and rubber based floor
- three art rooms filled with natural light and ample space for students to express their creativity
- extensive wetlands combined with a self-sustained environmental centre, catering for environmental studies with wet areas for practical activities and a presentation space for lectures and project work
- Design and Technology workshop well equipped with modern metal work, woodwork and plastics machinery
- Food and Hospitality department accommodating twelve kitchenettes providing students ample opportunity for practical application
- a sewing room equipped with sewing machines and overlockers for the production of clothing and costumes
- dedicated science laboratories catering for Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Psychology and General Science
- state-of-the-art sporting facilities include:
- ‘Morella’ Oval, built to Australian Football League specifications, has exceptional grass coverage and is usable all year round due to its soil composition and drainage network
- the gymnasium, ‘inbarendi’, can cater for various indoor sports, with a dividing net for separating the playing surface into two sections, and three courts, including an international size court
- Executive Fitness Management (EFM) Health Club are situated within the gymnasium and their fitness equipment is available to the students during the school day
- situated on 42 acres, ample space is provided for an array of outdoor endeavours, including a 1.5 kilometre running track around the perimeter of the school.
The College opened a brand new purpose-built Middle School learning precinct in 2014, named Paideia. This space caters for today’s learners with many break-out spaces inside the learning centre, and a range of purpose-designed outside spaces. Paideia takes in plenty of natural light and has been created to be a safe, friendly and innovative learning environment.