Beyond the Classroom
Opportunities abound for students to extend themselves beyond the classroom in areas of interest. These include:
- Student Representative Council – SRC is a forum providing opportunities for students to formally discuss matters associated with College life and to facilitate the organisation of particular student activities within the College.
- Public speaking:
- Lions Youth of the Year – open to Year 12 students who are actively involved and interested in their communities, their peers and their country. Find out more here: http://lionsclubs.org.au/activities/youth/yoty/
- Voice of Youth Public Speaking Competition – open to students at all year levels and divided into Junior Secondary and Senior Secondary age categories. Find out more here: http://www.rostrum.com.au/voy
- Year 8 Lutheran Schools Public Speaking Competition – open to all students in Year 8, held in Term 4.
- Debating – the College is a member of the South Australian Schools Debating Association. Our teams can be fielded from each year level, depending on student interest and available staff support. Competitions are held in the evenings at various metropolitan State and Independent schools.
- Magazine – students have the opportunity to be part of the production team.
- Extension activities – book club, chess, Duke of Edinburgh Awards, photography club, share-market game, Tournament of Minds.
- Exchange programs – to China and Germany.
- Christian service – Chapel bands, chapel drama, ministry team, Passion Meditation (Year 12), prayer group, spiritual support group.
- Community service – 40 Hour Famine, support for Australian Lutheran World Service, Click Clack, Habitat for Humanity, World Vision and Red Cross Blood Bank.
- Sport – interschool and knockout.
- Sustainability – recycling, River Murray Youth Council, Student Environment Council, Waterwatch, Working Towards Sustainability Group.